Are you interested in becoming a FIRE Starter? Email Mia at email@example.com today!
Benefits of being a FIRE Starter
- Gain knowledge and confidence through leadership training to:
- Design and implement programs and events
- Deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Facilitate dialogue with peers
- Participate in conceptualizing, planning and executing programs & events designed by students for students
- Have fun! FIRE Starters are a dynamic and diverse group of students who get to know one another through retreats and trainings, programs and social gatherings.
FIRE Starter Groups
- Relationships & Authenticity- explores the various relationships within our lives & promotes ways to develop healthy & safe connections with others (peers, friends, roommates, dating interest, to name a few) while being true to our authentic, holistic selves
- Interpersonal Violence Prevention - creates awareness about how sexual assault & relationship violence occurs within our culture, as well as promotes prevention strategies to encourage each of us to be "our brothers' and sisters' keepers"
- Sexual Identity - explores how sexuality & its different elements form our identity & inform our connection to God, others & the world
- Gender Identity - examines how human beings, created in the image & likeness of God, form their masculinity & femininity through roles, cultural expectations & personal experiences
Interested in becoming a FIRE Starter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org